Thursday, March 4, 2010

bag of leaves

Here's something that might make you laugh, or at least it's making me laugh. Most drugs are considered very dangerous for fetuses and their moms, but fortunately, the one pictured here is not, and it's also not not prohibited or regulated by law (whew!). I'm a big tea fan, especially now that coffee is off limits (unless it's decaf). However, I admit that I brew my tea in the typical, improper American way -- in little bags with attached strings. So, I was really tickled at my final childbirth education class this week to have been dealt a ziplock bag full of fresh red raspberry leaf tea. Drinking this tea is supposed to strengthen my contractions and shorten the length of labor. I'm really looking forward to it! (And actually, the tea I'm drinking in the picture is "Pregnancy Tea" -- in the little bag with an attached string -- and it contains red raspberry leaf also! Drinking it now will tone my uterus and prepare it for a safer labor).

No comments: