Well, the baby has dropped over the past week, which means he's a coming 'round the corner, and I've got to admit, although I'm pretty darn excited about his arrival, I'm a little overwhelmed right now. We just received a huge package loaded with sweet baby things from my mother's aunt, and I just burst out laughing, in disbelief of the fact that only a few months ago I feared we would not have all we needed for the baby and would have to spend a lot of money getting him stuff. I swear, if we get another gift for him, I'm going to wonder if he isn't the 2nd coming of Christ. Actually, I take that back. I'm already wondering that. Like, what normal baby has 5 freaking baby showers?! (3 were surprises for us). As I understand it, it's not abnormal to not have any baby showers at all. Having more than 1 is quite a blessing in itself! I've been through about 55 thank you notes and have several more that haven't been written yet, plus, we haven't even gotten any gifts from family outside of Christmas gifts for baby and shower gifts from my mom, mother-in-law, brothers, and an aunt. Between husband and I, we've got WAY more family than that, and I don't have expectations of getting gifts from anyone, but, no, I take that back, I kind of expect I'll get gifts from more family members as the baby arrives. Unfortunately, I've got a boat load of housework to do, and when I say a boat, I mean more like a dang cruise ship. I'm not even going to bore you with the ridiculous list of things to do. I will say, though, that instead of tackling the list this month, as I'd imagined I would, all I've been doing in free time is writing thank you notes, because truth be told, I am super incredibly truly thankful for all of this stuff! It's only unfortunate because now I'm still not finished with thank you notes and there's absolutely no way on earth that I'll have things ready in time.
A piece of advice for any expectant mothers who may happen to ever read this: Do not let anyone give you gifts or showers in the month and a half before your baby is due. You'll already be exhausted as it is, and with the energy you do have, if you're like me, you'll prefer to be cooking healthy meals, exercising, and taking care of your whole being.
Another piece of advice, or warning: Don't marry a saint, or if you do, then be prepared for folks to overwhelm you with kindness. I have done nothing to deserve all this. It's the husband's good fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment