Thursday, October 23, 2008
Hello, Montrail, where have you been my whole life?
On the 2 hiking trips I went on this past summer -- once with friend Kate Davis in southeastern Virginia and then with Robbie in the Smokies for our anniversary -- I noticed my feet weren't faring so well in the Asolo boots an REI salesman seemed to think were perfect for my pods. I had blisters, weakened ankles, and general soreness in my soles. It wouldn't have mattered too much to me if I was only planning on hiking a few days at a time for the rest of my future, but those kinds of ailments sound like bad karma for a 4 1/2 to 5 month long walk. I read recently on AT enthusiast website whiteblaze.net that many thruhikers' feet are forever flattened and stretched out from their walk, and if I'm able to control it, I'll pass on joining of that group. I'd rather change out a pair of hiking boots than entire collection of shoes. So, today I got some Montrails, and I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself in saying I think these will change my life! The narrower hole and stronger support for my ankle, and the arch support I never knew existed... oh my! I think I'll be ordering running shoes from them in the near future. This is so exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment