Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big News --> Change of Plans

Today I got some big exciting news! I got a job! Not just any job, either, but what I think is the perfect job. Well, for me, anyway. It is a part-time position as an assistant librarian at the same private school where my husband teaches. It involves reading books to little kids as well as shelving books and being a general helper, I guess. I'm thrilled. As I still ultimately want to pursue a career as an artist, yet am having to be patient my newness to this prospect and with the waning market, I have been hoping for a job that could be meaningful as well as non-demanding. I think this is it. We'll see when I start on Monday.

The downside, however, is I won't be leaving for Springer Mountain, GA on my birthday. I've learned over the years that as soon as I make up your mind that I AM going to do something, it will almost definitely not happen (examples: going to UGA, being premed...). I guess its just one of those ways that God humbles us. Anyway, its alright and probably for the best anyway, because I am not a fan of chilly weather and late March in north Georgia would probably be just that. Instead of making the entire hike all at once, I'm thinking now that I'll divide it into halves and hike this summer and next summer. That should still be quite an accomplishment and quite fun; I'll miss out on starting with the crowds but will make up for it with comfier temps.

No comments: